Re: N.U Must Pay For Decommissioning -Reply -Reply

Bob,
I have no argument with what you say.  I never said that there was no
incompetent management at NU; I said that it was economics, not incompetence,
that shut Connecticut Yankee down.  Actually, shutting CY down when it was no
longer economically viable, was one of the few competent things that NU
management has done.  I do disagree that NU is destroyed.  We're reeling but
we're not destroyed.

You will find some incompetence in any large organization where one's income is
not directly tied to performance.  Utilities with monopoly in a service area
and government agencies come to mind.  We have to change with deregulation, but
how do motivate a government agency like the DOE to provide spent fuel
disposal?

I do believe that there is enough competent work in the right places to make
nuclear power safe, even at NU.

Claude Flory
Northeast Utilities
floryca@gwsmtp.nu.com

>>> "Robert D. H. Aft" <AllianceScaff@snet.net> 09/02/98 04:19pm >>>
The Management of NU was incompetent and reckless I bet my career on
that and was correct. Yes NU has MANY great people at both Millstone and
Connecticut Yankee. But the NU of the early 90's was a cruel and
punitive organization.Bob,

>>> "Robert D. H. Aft" <AllianceScaff@snet.net> 09/02/98 04:13pm >>>
I am Robert Aft and AllianceScaff is the company I work for. I am a
former employee of Connecticut Yankee AND NU. I have followed Nu's
demise very closely, In fact I left the company because of the
environment that NU created (Anyone read TIME Magazine) The shutdown of
CY can be closely traced to NU's management of Millstone.

Theres a whole lot to this story folks but I'll leave it at this. NU was
destroyed by two of it's executives namely Robert Busch and Bernie Fox.
My opinion only but I was there for the whole thing (any arguments
Claude?)

Robert Aft