Re: N.U Must Pay For Decommissioning -Reply -Reply

Some good points Claude but Connecticut Yankee could have survived the
economic evaluations showed that it would have been marginally
profitable. Remember several of CY's owners no longer felt it was in
their best interest to have the plant continue to operate for reasons
other than CY's singular viability. Given the other plant closings CY's
economic prospects could have improved.

Regarding incompetence, yes all organizations have it but you don't see
it repeatedly promoted. Look what NU promoted to the top ranks, Claude,
look at the names (you know who I mean) consider that these people were
ignorant and arrogant enough to turn on their own people and to fight
with regulators (remember "technically arrogant") Hell, these guys had a
phrase created based on their actions "chilling effect". CY had a chance
but it was shutdown due to polotics and hastly judgement due to
executive (inc......). That plant was operating well but what old plant
could have withstood the FSAR examination the NRC lauched (and what or
who motivated them to do that....NU's Own Humanitarian of the Year)

I don't think it was a clear cut case of economics. Regarding NU it
isn't what it used to be and as far as I can tell the Nuclear Units are
being run by a collection of pinch hitters from other utilities with
mixed track records.