Re: P-32 reference solution

>We need some NIST traceable P-32 reference solution to calibrate our
>instruments.

I don't know about reference solutions, but we have purchased a Si-32
reference source for calibration and efficiency measurements of our G-M
tubes.  They cost about $650 and are NIST-traceable.  Si-32 decays to P-32
(half-life=100 years) and the covering shields the low-energy Si-32 beta.
However, this won't help if you're looking to calibrate a LSC (and I'm not
sure what instruments you are calibrating).

Andy

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP
RSO, University of Rochester
(716) 275-3781 (voice)
(716) 256-0365 (fax)
akaram@safety.rochester.edu

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled  but a fire to be lighted"
 Plutarch