RE: $/person-rem

> ----------
> From: 	Sandy Perle[SMTP:sandyfl@earthlink.net]
>
> As Eric points out in his cost basis, much of the cost is resource
> related. What is ironic is that in a majority of the dose reduction
> projects, the method to do so was to bring in MANY more bodies,
> to which we provided the opportunity to receive more dose! Perhaps
> this can be justified by giving more to less to ensure less is
> received by more in the future. But then again...

Well, THAT'S a cue if I ever heard one.

One facility I was associated with assigned high dose work to the most
experienced staff, resulting in an overall reduction in person-rem for
little to no change in costs. Of course, for the most experienced staff,
this was either a great benefit or a great drawback, depending on which
side of the LNT and hormesis debates they weighed in on.

Rick Edwards, Analyst
The Boeing Company
richard.w.edwards@boeing.com