Re: Vote on Sierra Blanca

At 04:00 PM 9/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I apologize to anyone on the Radsafe Network who thinks I am attempting to
skew the poll being taken by the Austin American-Statesman.  That certainly
isn't my intent.  What I am seeking is balance.

We had similar polls run up in Sacramento during the debate to either close
Rancho Seco (nuclear power plant) or keep it open. It does have some effect
on those who are weak minded enough to allow it to influence their
thinking. When there was a phone poll, those of us at the "Ranch" would hit
redial and vote a hundred times or more to keep the plant open.

The point is if the poll shows a great gap between those for and those
against, it may then have some effect one way or the other. If there is not
much of a gap, it won't make much difference. Obviously (since the "Ranch"
is now closed) the polls run at that time were not enough in our favor to
influence enough voters to vote to keep it open.

I say, vote......often........and alot.

I voted 10 times already and plan to vote more.