Re: Cost-Benefit Analyses -Reply

Scott,

Good points, but I must quibble about your statement that "The worker makes the
conscious choice to work in a field involving radiation,..."  Actually, the worker may
have the choice to work or not, but there is no opting out of radiation exposure.
My granddaughter probably receives a higher dose than does the average radiation
worker at NIH, because she stays home all day (there are few jobs for 4-month old
kids) in a single family house which, like all such houses, is not radon-free.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov