Re: Poll for you to vote to save Brookhaven Lab

Michael Mokrzycki said:

> However, the current results might say something about the
> ability of "pro-nukes" to mobilize online ...

Not necessarily. It just reflects the mood of those who log on. Your
assumption is that the poll only reflects the "opinions" of those who
have been motivated to log on and cast their vote, due to the "pro-
nuke" lobby (appears that you have included Radsafe in this). If
that is true, then the same can be said for any poll that is not done
in a scientific method, which requires complete randomness and
polls all segments of the populations. I do agree that the results of
any poll such as this is meaningless, from a statistical sense.
However, it does provide a count of those interested in casting their
opinion. The results should not be used to make decisions on a
topic though.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
ICN Plaza
3300 Hyland Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

ICN Dosimetry Website:
http://www.dosimetry.com

Personal Website:

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT my employer