Re: Uranium Internal Dosimetry

Date:          Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:16:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:          "Mike Longinov" <zpilongm@eagle.ca>
To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject:       Uranium Internal Dosimetry

Radsafers:

Has anyone out there put together an internal dosimetry program for inhaled
Natural Uranium?

I am looking for help in assigning internal dose numbers to workers in a
natural uranium dioxide environment.

Any help would be appreciated.  Please e-mail me directly at the address
below unless you think others would be interested.

Mike Longinov, B.Sc.
Mgr. Occupational Health & Radiation Safety
Zircatec Precision Industries
zpilongm@eagle.ca

Mike,

If your talking about a mining, open pit, environment, I would
suggest you look at NUREG 0941, NRC Limit on Intake of Uranium Ore
Dust, and if not look at HPS N13.22-1995, Bioassay Programs for
Uranium.  A copy of the later document was included in the Health
Physics Newsletter about a year or so ago.

<>    Charles R. (Russ) Meyer                  <>
<> Email:charles.meyer@tdh.state.tx.us
<>     Phone:(512)834-6688                       <>
<>        Fax:(512)834-6654                        <>