1994 Estonia Incident -Reply

Dan,

I do not have a good reference but my notes say the source was Cs-137 in a
cylinder 6 cm long and 2 cm in diameter.  The exposure rate at 5 cm was given as
150 R/hr.  I estimated the source strength as about 2 Ci.  That is a pretty small
source to give lethal doses, so perhaps we are discussing different incidents.  The
only further identifier I have of the location is the name: Kliss, Estonia.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov