Uranium toxicity

A chronic kidney burden of 3 ug-U/g of kidney was cited by Hursh and Spoor
(1973).  I've got a couple of pages of prose on the subject which we included in
the "Technical Basis for Internal Dosimetry at Hanford" (PNL-6866 Rev 1).  If
you have a fax I could fax you the pertinent pages.  Probably the best
literature review article in recent years was by RW Leggett, 1989 ("The Behavior
and Chemical Toxicity of U in the Kidney:  A Reassessment,"  published in Health
Physics, 57(3):365-383.

Gene Carbaugh
gene.carbaugh
Internal Dosimetry