Re: Slightly Contaminated Soils

It may be possible to pursue "approval of proposed procedures, not otherwise
authorized ... to dispose of licensed material generated in the licensee's
activities..." in accordance with 10 CFR 20.2002.  The "proposed procedures"
could be to leave the material in place, if a dose evaluation shows that
this
is the best alternative.  See also, NRC, HP Position Statement HPPOS-042,
"Contaminated Soil at Big Rock Point".

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com