Bad Plutonium again

     Radsafers might find amusing the reference to plutonium in this
     letter below.  This is the beginning of a letter from some ardent
     anti-nukes requesting cancellation of a subcritical test at the
     Nevada Test Site.  Info only.  Eric Goldin
     <goldinem@songs.sce.com>

     Dear President Clinton,

     I am writing to demand that you  "DON'T BY HYPOCRITICAL! STOP THE
     SUBCRITICAL!"

     By this, I mean that you must immediately cancel the subcritical
     nuclear weapons test code named "Bagpipe" which could be
     detonated as early as next week (Sept 7 - 11) and all future
     subcritical tests.

     These tests explode plutonium, which is the most deadly material
     ever created, 980 feet below the ground at the Nevada Test Site
     dangerously close to the largest aquifer in Southern Nevada. This
     precious groundwater has already been contaminated by past
     nuclear tests. It is time to stop the contamination and begin the
     clean up!