Re: Smoke Detectors

I'm not sure of this, but it seems that the smoke detector can be shipped
under the small quantity exception of 49 CFR 173.4, which provides exemption
from the shipping paper and training requirements.  The smoke detector,
itself, probably meets the packaging requirements, and may be already
embossed
with the required notice.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com

You wrote:

Oops. What I should have asked is if there are exemptions to the
packaging requirements and if so, what is the citation in 49 CFR?
Shipping papers are not required for excepted packages, of course.

Kent Lambert