Re: Smoke Detectors

I no longer have the documentation, but I believe that the "design basis"
scenario used for the evaluation of allowing smoke detector distribution is
fire at a smoke detector factory.  The evaluation showed no significant
environmental impact.

I also remember that, when I worked at a DOE facility, we evaluated a worker
at a nearby smoke detector factory who had swallowed a few of the sources.
The evaluation showed that they went through her with virtually no uptake.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com