Re: Dose Correlation

Although interesting, this is a misleading analogy.  A classic Health
Physics-101 problem is to calculate the rise in body temperature from a
lethal
radiation dose:

assume:  1000 rads, body is 100% water

1000 rads*(100 erg/g-rad)*(1 joule/1 E7 ergs)*(1 cal/4.19 joule) = 2.4 E-3
deg. C

Thus, a lethal dose raises body temperature approximately 2.4 E-3 deg. C.
If
radiation damage were due to energy deposition, how could such a small
amount
of energy be lethal?  Clearly the radiation damage mechanism is completely
different.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
dteenergy.com