Re: ultraviolet radiation

The UK National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB) has published an
excellent, comprehensive document dealing with human exposure to UV radiation:

"Board Statement on Effects of Ultraviolet Radiation on Human Health" and
"Health Effects from Ultraviolet Radiation" - Documents of the NRPB, Volume
6, No. 2, 1995.

Much of this document is also available on the NRPB web site at:

http://www.nrpb.org.uk/Absd6-2.htm

The document includes a discussion of artificial sources of UVR, such as
may be found in industrial locations.

At 04:34 PM 9/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Radsafers,
>
>I was just wondering how many of your
>radiation safety offices are in charge of
>ultraviolet radiation.  It seems to be more
>of an industrial hygiene thing.  I've been put
>in charge of it here and, during my research,
>I see many references to the 1972 version of
>NIOSH's "Criteria for a Recommended Standard...
>Occupational Exposure to Ultraviolet Radiation."
>I am having a hard time finding anything else as
>in-depth that has been written more recently.  Does
>anyone know if this is the most recent "official" document
>or if there is something I'm overlooking?  I would
>appreciate any help.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Erin Lambert
>
>Health Physicist
>Radiological & Environmental
>   Management
>Purdue University
>1662 Civil Engineering Building
>West Lafayette, IN  47907
>phone:  765-494-2721
>email:  eclambert@physfac.purdue.edu

Eric Cowdrey
Radiation Protection Officer
Department of Medical Physics
Manitoba Cancer Treatment and Research Foundation
100 Olivia Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3E 0V9
CANADA

Telephone: (204) 787-2166/4145