RE: Ultraviolet radiation

Erin,

Probably the best place to look is at a copy of the ACGIH TLVs & BEIs for
the current year. (published by the American Conference of Governmental
Industrial Hygienists, Cincinnati, OH (513-742-2020) or www.acgih.org).
Their recommendations are updated regularly. Costs ~ $11.

If the UV is from a lamp, there is a new set of ANSI standards available
from the Illuminating Engineering Society (www.iesna.org) that pretty much
adopts the ACGIH recommendations. But the ANSI standard is so new that most
lamp manufacturers have not yet formally adopted it and lamps have not been
re-labeled yet to go along with the ANSI recommendations.

Al Zielinski
GE Lighting
Cleveland, OH
Phone: 216-266-3349   DC: 8-346-3349