Re: "special" in Nashville Tennessean

The reports of illness around various nuclear installations may be more
illusion than reality.   These reports contrast sharply to the careful
mortality studies that have been done which show that nuclear workers are
healthier than the general population and live longer.  The "healthy worker
effect" has been used repeatedly to explain this difference and certainly is a
reasonable explaination.  If there is any harm to the population near these
nuclear installations, one would expect even greater damage to the nuclear
workers themselves.  There is no indication of this in the mortality studies,
from what I have read.  I suspect that the origin of these reports has a lot
to do with the role of the organization "Physicians for Social
Responsibility".   I don't view the organization as having an objective
viewpoint on these matters.

                                                                Robert
Holloway

                                                                Nevada