Re: RADSAFE "Netiquette"

At 16:44 30.09.1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, I received one as well and simply tossed it as I would have any
>other unsolicited mail.  If you do not wish people to know your mailing
>address, I would suggest not including it in your signatures.
>Unfortunately, there *are* risks involved with posting personal
>information into the great void we call the Internet.
>
>Could we please get back to the subject of radiation protection?

Yes, Melissa, you are right - how would I ever dare to doubt this? But I
have to say that I am grateful for the mentioning of this topic, because we
have received over the last 4 to 5 weeks two mailings from this group and I
have been a little worried, because I do not want to be the target of any
pseudo-religious movement. The first mailing was to a Schoenhofer with a
female first name, which I do not remember, but which was not the one of my
daughter or my former wife. The second one was directed to Franz
Schoenhofer. Both came from San Antonio. At least I know now the source of
the information about my address.

Not to include the address in postings is in my opinion not appropriate -
we discussed this already once. Moreover it does not help, because for
instance my address can be found very quick in the  telephone directory of
Vienna, addresses can be copied from membership catalogues etc.

>Melissa Woo
>RADSAFE List-owner/manager
>
>(Of course, another use for unsolicited mail would be to replace the
>catalog hanging in the outhouse... sorry, a bit of rural humor from
>America's heartland. :-) )

I agree that this would be an environmentally friendly solution, because it
would save trees from being made into "paper", not to talk about the
chemicals saved from distribution in the environment but I doubt whether
this hard paper would serve the purpose..... A bit of humor from the heart
of Europe.

Franz
Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria