RE: Blood Borne Pathogen Training

I am unsure what level the contractor RPTs are trained to, but in my own
case, I was trained to some extent on bloodborne pathogens, and did the
literature search for evaluation of exposure to non-human bloodborne
pathogens.

When I was the tech for the Radiological and Environmental Sciences
Laboratory (RESL) at the DOE Idaho National Engineering Laboratory
(INEL){Now INEEL}, I was tasked as a collateral duty with sample
collection from roadkilled big game and from a sampling of the sheep
which were grazed on the Site perimeter, as well as assisting the
radioecologists in an ongoing small mammal recapture study having to do
with waste trench capping.

So I was tasked to prepare a list of pathogens I could potentially be
exposed to.  I no longer have it, but it was an interesting list.  And
somewhat scary in places.

Dave Neil
neildm@id.doe.gov