RE: I-131 Bioassay, Requirements vs Recommendations

Depending on if the I-131 is dispensed in liquid or capsule form may also
help support your documentation on if one is likely to exceed the 10%
level.  If you administer liquid doses, I would think you would have a
difficult time getting around the requirement to perform a thyroid
bioassay.  Many nuclear medicine departments in California are only
authorized to use capsule form and no bioassay is required.  The nuclear
pharmacy preparing the capsules has bioassay requirements (weekly).

Chris Fitz