Re: Tennessean Story/ Oak Ridge editorial

Joelle Key wrote:
> FYI
> This editorial was printed in the Oak Ridge local paper yesterday.

 the Sr-90 problems, which are much
> worse than the I-131 effects and linked to AIDS/HIV?

The above comment linking Sr-90 to AIDS is perhaps the
latest BIG LIE by the antinukes.

The logic for the claim runs as follows:

1. The Baby Boomers have grown up in the atomic age (fallout
exposure).
2. The Baby Boomers have been exposed to Sr-90, a long-lived
bone seeker.
3. Radiation damages bone marrow and thus, the immune system.
4. Baby Boomers are the generation with HIV/AIDS, an immune
system illness.
5. Baby boomers have damaged immune systems because of Sr-90.
6. Sr-90 (and all other radiation) causes HIV/AIDS.  QED

See LOW-LEVEL RADIATION AND IMMUNE SYSTEM DAMAGE by J. J. Mangano
Also: THE ENEMY WITHIN by J. M. Gould

Both of these authors are members of the *Radiation and Public
Health Project*.  I have not seen this particular BIG LIE in
any book written before 1996.

Grand logic.  Could we not also conclude that Sr-90 causes baby
boomers to buy sport-utility vehicles.

Jesse Coleman

RADSHOALS@AIRNET.NET