Re: HP lab survey frequency

At 09:12 AM 10/9/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Perhaps we should all be
>evaluating our programs and revise procedures and processes to
>ensure that the resources required to do our work actually works
>on the problems at hand, and potential problems, and not spend a
>lot of time doing things that for one, do not reduce errors, do not
>improve safety, and only serve the purpose of documenting a
>needless activity.
>
>------------------
>Sandy Perle
>Technical Director
>ICN Dosimetry Division
>ICN Plaza
>3300 Hyland Avenue
>Costa Mesa, CA 92626
>Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
>Fax:    (714) 668-3149

Dear Sandy,

The above statement is part of Safety Culture and Radiation Protection, as I
can understand from the IAEA Basic Safety Standards, IAEA 115, 1996 -
protection and safety issues should receive the attention appropriated by
their significance.
Going to your point, what are the factors that might to induce an
understanding on what should necessary to do, (appropriated by their
significance)  considering different practices and risks?
For my point of view, taking into account your remark, the following factors:
The perception of risk
Work group dynamics
Worker characteristics  toward information and communication, (like Robert
R. Milwicz is doind now)

J. J. Rozental <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
Israel