RE: contamination by spraying

I understand that this is potential occupational exposure and somewhat
interesting, but I'm starting to wonder where we draw the line in risk
assessment.  I guess in the world of litigation, employers are willing to
spend a lot of money to assign risk to some seemingly insignificant
activities.

What if my kids play in a mud puddle?!  What about mud-pack facials, sand
boxes, or kids playing in the water sprinkler?  The sports of baseball and
football require more exposure to dirt than a person might otherwise be.
Will radiological concerns about our natural environment turn everyone into
couch potatoes?  Is it the exercise that makes kids who play outdoors
healthy or hormesis?  Someone, someday, will try to apply the concern of the
offshore workers to one of these seemingly low-risk activities.

This seems to be on the lower end of the risk/benefit analysis spectrum.
How far do we go?  No limit as long as someone wants to pay for it?  And the
activist said, "They wouldn't have studied it if they weren't really
concerned..."

Any opinions or thoughts from our older and wiser colleagues?

Most sincerely,
Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com