RE: Sellafield and Chernobyl

>*	Greenpeace has reached the conclusion that the area near Sellafiled is as
>contaminated as that near Chernobyl,
>*	based on the numbers presented below, which were "from  the analyses of
>soil samples from both areas
>*	commissioned by Greenpeace to the University of Bremen (1)."
>*
>*	"(1) Pollution with the americium-241 radioactive isotope in a soil sample
>eight hundred meters from the
>*	reactor in the Chernobyl disaster, for example, is around 1,300 becquerels
>per kilogram. In soil sampled seven
>*	miles away from the Sellafield plant, pollution from this isotope is as
>much as 30,000 becquerels per
>*	kilogram. The analyses carried out for Greenpeace by the University of
>Bremen also found cobalt-60 values of
>*	up to 40 becquerels per kilogram, and pollution from caesium-137 in
>concentrations of up to 9,400 becquerels
>*	per kilogramme, seven miles from the UK reprocessing plant. Seven miles
>from the Chernobyl reactor, on the
>*	other hand, fewer than ten becquerels of cobalt-60, and approximately 7,400
>becquerels of caesium-137, were
>*	measured per kilogram."
>*
>*	Could these numbers be accurate, and what do they indicate?

Wouldn't I love to know!

My husband was visiting relatives a few miles north of Sellafield when
Chernobyl blew up. He remembers walking in the rain and hearing the
Sellafield alarms going off. He was 20 yrs old and had STRAIGHT brown
hair.
He now has curly hair.
Blame it on the rain???

Michelle Cottreau