Re: contamination by spraying

Gert,
For those of us completely devoid of knowledge where offshore oil drilling
is concerned, what is "production water?"  If we're simply talking about
sea water, what's the point in worrying about this?  What difference is
there between this and standing on the deck of a ship in high seas?  I take
a near bath in our "home made" sea water at the aquarium each week (small
children + touch pool, you do the math) and the last thing I'd worry about
is the dose from the salts and minerals.  The 7 pound lobster in the "no
touching zone" that routinely breaks his Lexan feeding stick is much more a
concern than anything else.  As always with things I don't know, I await
enlightenment.

Scott Kniffin

RSO Unisys Federal Systems, Lanham, MD
CHO Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA
mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov

The opinions expressed here are my own. They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys or NASA.  This material has not been reviewed by my
manager or NASA.