Re: Re[2]: Open health physics position at NYSDEC -Reply

Greg, et al.,

The state pay scale is sad.  The result is some (certainly not all) state radiation
safety organizations without a single person with enough interest in his/her
profession to join the Health Physics Society, or even the (cheaper) local chapter.
The result is regulators without qualifications, leaving safety pretty well in the
hands of the licensees.  We have little way of knowing how much damage is done.

As for "filling the pipeline" with new, qualified health physicists, we are trying, but
I do not recall any of our Georgetown graduates joining a state regulatory agency.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov