Re: Re[2]: Open health physics position at NYSDEC -Reply

<The result is regulators without qualifications...>

Don't you mean certification.  I don't remember anything about being a
member of the HPS qualifying you for anything.  Even I was a member (when I
could afford the dues as a student).

I echo the sentiments on the dismal salary situation.  It is an odd irony
that should I ever get the motivation to finish my degree, I could obtain a
job as an "actual" HP and make significantly less than I do as a
technician.  Not that I'm not worth every penny I make now...

| | | |__  Sr. Health & Safety Technologist
| | \___/  merritt9@llnl.gov
| \___/    Voice: (925)423-1143   Fax: (925)423-1088
\___/      "When the only tool you have is a hammer,
	   every problem begins to resemble a nail."
	   -Abraham Maslow