Re:NRC scraps commercial nuclear power terrorism program

The number 125,000 deaths comes from a statement made by the Ukraine
Minister of Health 2-4 years ago.  This number was widely reported
by the press at the time.  If I remember correctly it roughly
corresponded to the total number of deaths in Ukraine due to all
causes during the time period of interest.

I talked to the reporter who wrote the NRC article and he said he
used that number based on past LA Times articles without any further
confirmation.  He also said several people had contacted him to
correct it and that he would followup the information he was being
given.

Mike Baker

Michael C. Baker, Ph.D., P.E.
Safeguards Science and Technology Group