Re: Food Irradiation Question

>refuted on the basis of experimental flaws, etc.  But, what the >heck,
this is "un-peer reviewed" e-mail...
I agree - tried to find the "URPs" (UPR!) in Medline and other search
systems. URP seems to be a new invention. I also tried to find a
reference to benzene, formaldehyde and mutagen/carcinogen production.
Again no references. The only thing one finds (Altavista search) is
a bunch of websites where some of the stranger findings/claims
are repeated (they obviously cite each other). Nowhere is quantitative
information given on the named substances. And
food poisoning seems to be an unknown phenomenon. I observed
that there are anti-nuclear power attacks in some of the messages.
These are irrelevant in most of the contexts but it shows that
at least some of the problem is political rather than scientific.

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/8256/
Any opinions expressed above are those of mine and may not necessarily
coincide with those of others.