Are MDs usually employees of broadscope licensees?

I'm going to (again) demonstrate my ignorance and naivete.

This is directed at those of you working with NRC/Agreement State Medical
Broadscope licenses.

Is it true that physicians working under Medical Broadscope licenses are
usually employees of the institution holding the license? Or is it common
to find Medical Broadscope licensees contracting medical groups for their
services?

You may respond to me personally to keep from clogging the list. Thanks.

Curious in Milwaukee,
Doug
Douglas J. Simpkin, Ph.D., DABR
St. Luke's Medical Center