Re: Electronic Pocket Dosimeters

Rene,

I am Chairman of a national Health Physics Instrument Committee (HPIC) that is
sponsored and made up of representatives from 24 Dept.Of Energy laboratories
and facilities.  We did a relatively extensive look at all models and types of
EPDs about a year ago for the purpose of identifying the most suitable models
to recommend for  standardization at DOE facilities. As one would suspect
there are good and bad models and some high tech, some low tech, depending on
the features and specifications that you want/need.  I would be glad to
discuss some of the evaluation results with you, or any other interested
individuals or you can find the information on the HPIC Web site at
www.llnl.gov under "HPIC" and proceed to "HPIC meeting minutes".

Dale Snowder
HPIC Chairman
(208) 523-5557