x-ray strip search

More thoughts....
1.  Regardless of consent I would think the legal risks would kill this
idea.  I'll bet this did not get a serious legal review.
2.  Anyone want to draft the risk info and consent form?  Let's see, this
exam is equivalent to living next to a nuclear power plant for 16.3 years?
3.  Presumably this needs to be a full body x-ray, or series of x-rays,
since is needs to substitute for a full search.  That adds to the dose a bit.
4.  I would think Sony's new camera that 'sees' through clothes would be an
effective substitute, unless they include cavities in their search list.
5.  If this had come out on April 1  I'll bet no one would have taken it as
a serious suggestion.  The fact that it did not would seem to transfer the
'fool' element from the reader to the writer.

Disclaimer:  the above are the personal musings of the author, and do not
represent any past, present, or future position of NIST, the U.S. government,
or anyone else who might think that they are in a position of authority.
Lester Slaback, Jr.  [Lester.Slaback@NIST.GOV]
NBSR Health Physics
Center for Neutron Research
NIST