RE: NY Times Editorial on Marie Curie

One must remember that the leaches put on her forehead probably removed 30%
of the Radium.  See episode 439 of the "Simpson's" for a reference.

Seriously, how could someone of that time deduce that she died from exposure
to external/internal radiation?  I would like to see a "Probability of
Causation" calculation.  We must be careful about attaching numbers to this
case.  Numbers tend to imply precision and accuracy and I've never seen
facts to support such suppositions.

Sincerely,
Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com <mailto:glen.vickers@ucm.com>