CRCPD Regulations for TENORM

I just finished reading Part N, Regulation and Licensing of Technically
Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (TENORM) and the
Rationale for that regulation.  In neither of those documents do I find
any discussion of why such regulation is needed.  There are no data that
I know of that show humans are harmed by current practices vis-a-vis
TENORM.  Does anyone out there know of documentation demonstrating that
such regulations are needed to improve radiation health and that actual
harm has been done to humans because there have been no such
regulations?  If so, would you be so kind as to point me to those
documents (hopefully on the web so I can download them)?  Thanks.  Al
Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net