Re: Analytical x-ray RS program

Myung:

    Our RS Program for analytical x-rays consists of:

1. Authorization through the Radiation Safety Committee for the use of the x-ray
device.
2. Training and Experience approved by the RSO and the Committee.
3. Attendance at a training class that we teach for x-ray analytical machine
users.
4. Review of state requirements.
5. Registration with state and Certification by certified inspector.
6. Inspection by our office anually of the device per the state regulations.

I hope this helps.

If you would like a copy of our material please email back to me and I will put
them in the mail to you.

steve hand
radiation safety office
university of maryland