Re: Cs-137 levels in South FL soils

At 12:20 PM 12/7/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Does any one know what are typical Cs-137 levels in Florida soils and in
>particular in South Floida soils.

Typical levels?
Was there any Cs-137 fall out in Florida.
I do not recall any.
I would speculate the typical level of Cs-137 would be 0 Ci/km^2.
I can tell that typical Cs-137 levels in the soil outside 30 km Chernobyl
Zone in 1991 was 5 - 25 Ci/km^2 some places much more, some places less.
But 5 Ci/km^2 was the trigger level for population translocation or other
actions.
I never heard that somebody would do Cs-137 topography just.
Usually it is done after some kind of release or fallout from power plant
or around testing sites to performed conformations.
I hope this may help you with the question.
Emil
ekerrembaev@ucsd.edu