TLD Dosimeter Shortage

Subject: Rumor Regarding TLD Dosimeter Shortage

BICRON recently discovered that there was a website posting during the
month of October, stating that a rumor was being circulated among the
dosimetry community concerning a shortage of TLD dosimeters.  It went on
to conclude that this could potentially result in higher dosimeter
prices for TLD customers.  As manufacturers of the HARSHAW brand of TLD
dosimeters and readers, we at BICRON want to assure everyone that these
statements are absolutely false!

While there is significant demand for our dosimeters, we have an ample
inventory of raw material to supply all types of TL materials, including
the new, high sensitivity LiF:MCP.  We have sufficient manufacturing
capability to fully supply the world's markets with both HARSHAW TLD
cards and unmounted dosimeters in the form of chips, rods, microcubes,
and powders.  We further welcome the opportunity to fill any and all
current and new customer's orders in any quantities ranging from a few
hundred to tens of thousands!  Furthermore, we have no expectation of
increasing prices in the foreseeable future.

We at BICRON Radiation Measurement Products believe it is our obligation
to the marketplace to dispel this misinformation.  We welcome your
questions and concerns at any time.  You may contact us at our email
address of RMP@Bicron.com, or by telephone at 1 800 472-5656.  You may
also send a fax to 1 440 349-6581.

All BICRON employees abide by a Corporate Quality Statement and a Code
of Ethics. We trust that our colleagues, customers, and competitors will
do the same.

Sincerely,
Ronald J. Strobl
Worldwide General Manager