Re: Texas board votes down border nuclear dump - details

The national low-level waste policy act appears to be another  welfare program for the states to keep quack scientists disingenuous environmentalist employed.

The national low-level waste act is a national disgrace!  I notice that the states take the money and spend it (without sufficient auditing).   All along knowing that a small ignorant political fraction will stop the project after spend millions of dollars from the national coffers.

California is a disgrace, among other states, in that they worry about the environmental health hazards of a low-level radioactive material waste site, but have hundreds of square miles of land contaminated with natural radioactivity (Mojave Desert in California's case),  that based on their scientific logic should be more of a greater environmental problem than a well designed and operated waste site.

Eventually, our esteemed legislature's will come the rational decision that all the nations low-level waste could and should be disposed at the National Test Site in Nevada using the existing bomb craters out there.
--
High Plains Drifter
magna1@jps.net

Be very, very careful what you put into that head,
because you will never, ever get it out.
     Thomas Cardinal Wolsey (1471-1530)