Re: NORM by definition

The publication referred to in the earlier correspondence is:
"Uranium Series Disequilibrium - Applications to Environmental Problems" by M. Ivanovich & R.S.Harmon.  Clarendon Press, Oxford  1982 (Oxford Science Publications)  ISBN 0-19-854423-5  (Published in the US by Oxford University Press, New York)

George Koperski
Westralian Sands Limited
Capel, Western Australia
gkoperski@wsl.com.au

>>> "Gerald Falo" <gerald_falo_at_chppm7__apgea@chppm-ccmail.apgea.army.mil> 11-Dec-98 9:34:52 PM >>>

     Gert,

     For samples in the natural environment that are exposed to any type of
     weathering or other alteration secular equlibrium may not exist.  Just
     about any paper covering measurements of U, Th, and associated members
     of the series will show that.

     Also, there is a book called "Uranium Series Disequilibrium", which
     cover the topic in some detail.  I forgot the authors' names, but the
     book was available from Oxford University Press several years ago.  I
     have the book at home.  If you email me at the address below, I'll
     send you more information by return email.

     Jerry Falo
     jer3ry@aol.com