Re: Accidents At Sea

A book was just published called "Blind Man's Bluff." The book deals with cold war
experiences of the US nuclear submarine force. Many of the collisions and problems
experienced by our Nuke subs are discussed. The Thresher and Seawolf tragedies are
discussed in detail. Although there isn't any real discussion or quantification of
the radiological impact of these accidents, it does identify and describe them.

I've only "flipped" through the book, so I haven't really formed any opinion on how
"on target" it is. It looks like an interesting read and I hope to get to it
shortly.

Unfortunately, Navy Nukes are bound to a secrecy agreement under the Atomic Energy
Act. Thus, much information that might be available, isn't and won't be (at least
with regard to the Navy).

Chris Wend
Sr. Radiological Engineer
magnum8@banet.net