Re: Accidents at sea

RAM's ACCIDENT

The wreckage of the French cargo boat  Mont Louis in the North Sea on 25
August 1987, after a collision with a car ferry, entailed the immersion of
30 industrial packages consisting of cylinders each containing 12 tonnes of
Uranium Hexafluoride enriched to less than 1%. The cylinders withstood the
external aggressive   action of the sea, and as result there was no health
or pollution damage.
The recovery campaign was delicate and long because of the sea conditions
and the packages needed to be very carefully checked before going back to
Pierrelatte. In addition, checking of the environment required the
implementation of teams from the Commissariat a' l'Energie Atomique CEA.

Please contact CEA for more detail

Commissariat A' L'Energie Atomique
CEA-Communication Division
31-33, rue de la Federation - 75752 Paris Cedex 15
Tel : 33 1 40 56 10 00 - E-mail : dcom@portos.cea.fr

ABOUT Nuclear Vessel you can find some information in the following sites:

http://www.nitehawk.com/alleycat/nukes.html

http://wavecom.net/~rontini/accid.html

http://itri.loyola.edu/subsea/b_centra.htm

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/cndscot/trisaf/ch4.htm

What is your objectives in this project? -- Response or environmental and
monitoring?

J. J. Rozental
josrozen@netmedia.net.il
Israel