Survey Instrument Beta Checks

This question comes from the corporate Health Physics group of a nuclear utility which owns and operates a Boiling Water Reactor.  Although it may apply primarily to other nuclear utilities, I'm sure information from other facilities would be helpful as well. I thank you for your responses.

For facilities which beta check their survey instruments with a depleted Uranium slab:
How do you technically justify going from the DU beta energies to plant beta radiation fields?
What references do you use?  Standards? Reg Guides? etc.
What beta correction factor do you use for correction to what energy?

Thanks again!
Dan Leddy
dpleddy@papl.com