Source Identification

I need to identify an old source.  It is a 3 foot long piece of flexible 1/4
inch tubing (pale orange in color)with what appears to be a white material
filling the inside of the tubing.  There is a brass clip at one end and a brass
eyelet at the other.  The radiation levels are uniform along the entire length
of the tubing (~ 1.6 mr/hr @ 1 foot).

Any thoughts on what this is and what the radioactive material is? My first
thought was radium...

William A. Lorenzen
Children's Hospital
Boston, Ma 02115