ask a scientist web resource

Hello,

I ran across the Mad Scientist "ask a scientist" web page
this morning.  Although most of the fields are well covered
by people in the respective areas of science, I noticed that
nuclear related questions were being answered by a computer
programmer with no nuclear experience or related education.
Let's just say that the answers he has posted may not be
incorrect but they are leaving the readers with the impression
that radioactive waste is leaking into multiple rivers, being
dumped intentially, spent fuel pools are a serious hazard,
etc....

I immediately signed up to answer future nuclear and radiation
related questions and would encourage a few others to do so
also. The web site address is http://www.madsci.org/.

Mike

Michael C. Baker, Ph.D., P.E.
Radioassay and Nondestructive Testing Team
Environmental Science and Waste Technology Group
Mail Stop J594, Los Alamos National Laboratory
P.O. Box 1663, Los Alamos, NM 87545 (USA)

email:  mcbaker@lanl.gov

Phone: (505) 667-7334        Fax: (505) 665-8346