Subject: Re: New study suggests radon threat may be overestimated
Author:  <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu > at internet-mail
Date:    1/14/99 10:37 AM

It seems reasonable that over the last million or so years that the lung
tissue of mammals, especially those who have lived in the earth's crust
(mice/burrows, man/caves,... etc.), who have had nearly constant exposure
to high concentrations of radon throughout their lives has evolved to be
some what cancer resistent compared to other types of body tissue.   Maybe
over the next million years lung tissue could evolve to become cancer
resistent to unnatural carcenogens like cigarette smoke and asbestos
fibers.