Green peace actions.

Greetings,
Reading postings related to recent Green Peace actions, it seems to me that
this organization is trying not to solve rad waste problem at all but to
keep it up. They want: 1) to keep rad waste on the sites and within the
countries borders  2) stop any development in rad waste industry, by
destroying nuclear industry as a whole, 3) And when nobody would be left to
develop technologies and to process rad waste; they will use this issue and
re-use again and again.

Just from the recent experience: Environmentalism's movement was for
Chernobyl close down in end 80's and beginning 90's. They have gained power
by, basically, using this issue in the regions close to Chernobyl.
Now when they have all the power to close it they do not do that.
Why?
Because again and again nobody wants to live without electricity. As we all
know it is easy to criticize rather to solve the problem.
It seems to me, that the same issue is facing the West Europe.
I can see, that "environmentalists" have a real cross border cooperation
(luck of cooperation on the opposite side) they use the scary public
tactics and apathy of those who could do something and stop them. Sounds
like 30's? Same tactics and the same apathy on the other side, just the
different issue.
I am not "nuke" just because of my background, although an education is a
very important part in developing not biased views, I just know little bit
more than the average citizen about the "nuke" issue and the energy problem
as general.

I understand that in the past the industry did some really nasty movements
by dumping the rad waste in countries which had no technologies or
resources to process it nor to control it.
But how long this old story could be used and re-used.

The civilized international cooperation in rad waste problem, seems to me,
to be the essential way to solve this problem and to face the future energy
challenges, its increasing consumption or even keep the same consumption
level. It is inevitable to produce nuclear energy in one country and to
store the waste in others because of some countries have more land than
others. Some countries have more energy resources and want to export it. It
is the reality. This is the essential advantage of the nuclear power a
compact fuel and closeness to the customers.

Best Regards,
Emil.
ekerrembaev@ucsd.edu