Subject: Re: Re[2]: Counting Statistics
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at guardian
Date:    1/15/99 2:07 PM

>     Within 10 hours, it's gone (for practical purposes), and the Ge-68
>     parent breakthrough has not been shown to be a problem.

My experience with the Ge-68/Ga-68 generator is limited to PET QC with
Dupont generators and is a few years old. Both the EDTA and HCl based
elutions systems showed rather significant and persistent Ge-68
breakthrough. The resulting contamination was very difficult to remove from
sinks, pipes and traps. With a ~270 day T1/2, for the Ge-68, this of course,
can be a problem.

Hopefully, the more current generator technology does not have a
breakthrough problem.
Daniel F. Kane
Medical Nuclear Physicist
Associates in Medical Physics, LLC