Counting Statistics -Reply

For basic Statistics I recommend "The Cartoon Guide to Statistics", Larry
Gonick and Woollicott Smith, Harper Perrennial, 1993.  This easy reading
book was used as a primer at a recent MARSSIM training course at BNL.

Ed Truskowski
etruskowski@dep.state.nj.us

>>> <Timothy.L.Popp@am.pnu.com> 01/14/99 07:47pm >>>

Could anyone recommend a good, plain language, reference on counting
statistics?
Every time something about counting statistics comes up, I pull several of
my
references off the shelf and end up spending more time trying to figure
out if
they are all defining and calculating the same thing.  LLD, MDA, decision
level,
critical level, ... I don't care what terms they use.  I'd just like a "Counting
Statistics for Dummies" book that would be a useful reference to me and,
at the
same time, useful in explaining the concepts to someone unfamiliar with
the
material.

Tim Popp
Health Physics Scientist