RE: University of Georgia To Build Lab Near Chernobyl

Perhaps it is because they have world-class ecology scholars.  They also
operate the Savannah River Ecology Laboratory -- so they have a "few" years
of experience.

 >I sure hope they employ Americans there. And why is the U. of Georgia being
>funded to do this (who is paying for this?)?  Why isn't it one of the
>National Laboratories? Would someone tell me why we are financially
>supporting Russian science and letting U.S. scientists, many of whom have
>spent the bulk of their careers winning the Cold War for the U. S., be
>unemployed, underemployed, or forced into early and inadequately funded
>retirement?
>
>Clearly only my own opinion.
>
>Ruth F. Weiner
>Sandia National Laboratories
>MS 0718, POB 5800
>Albuquerque, NM 87185-0718
>505-844-4791; fax 505-844-0244
>rfweine@sandia.gov

Nolan E. Hertel, PhD, PE
Director, Neely Research Center
Professor of Nuclear Engineering and Health Physics
G. W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0425
(404)894-3717 or -3601
facs: (404) 894-3733 or -9325